I have considered it a bit, while I am not sure why it is called an award, I decided it would be a great opportunity to link some of the bloggers here; I have chosen those who are affected by cancer (please see below).
First; an introduction to the Liebster awards:
According to purpldragon (and I quote) the “Liebster Award is a chain award created by bloggers and passed on from one blogger to another to encourage connections. It is a wonderful, fun way to interact and make friends in the blogging community.”
And again, according to purpldragon (and I quote) ; these are the rules:
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
4. Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
For this award, I have chosen the following bloggers, who post about their experiences about cancer.
Cancer has an important part in my life personally and professionally. Learning from cancer patients, caregivers, and advocates through social media has been an incredible experience for me. I have great respect and admiration for those affected by cancer and I believe their “voice” in social media is highly important.
I nominate the following bloggers – I hope they will be okay with the nomination:
7. Steve Dang
11. Jamie Gilmore
My questions to the nominated bloggers are:
1. How do you feel about connecting to others going through cancer in the social media?
2. Do you think connecting to other cancer patients would be useful in supporting you and them while going through the disease?
3. What are the words, sentences, or questions you think are appropriate to hear from others when they first learn one has cancer?
4. Do you have care-givers? or Are you a care-giver?
5. What kind of support would you like from cancer-related organizations and the government?
6. Do you think you sharing your experiences in the social media help others going through similar experiences?
7. What is your favourite book? TV show?
8. What is your favourite season?
9. What is your favourite breakfast?
10. Do you have artistic creations, such as poems, stories, drawings, paintings, and hand-crafting?
11. Is there something you would like to share about your experience with cancer?
My answers to purpldragon’s questions can be found below:
1. What inspired you to start blogging? I had things to say.
2. What is something you dream of achieving? Happiness
3. Do you have any phobia’s if so what are they? Darkness
4. Do you prefer reading or watching TV? Reading; but TV is awesome, too
5. Which super power would you rather have, flight or invisibility? invisibility
6. What is something people don’t understand about you? My thoughts (unless they can read minds, they cannot know them anyhow 🙂 )
7. Do you keep a diary or journal, if so what would you do/ how would you feel if someone read it? I do have a joy journal that I post here. I am happy to share it with the world and I hope it will inspire others to write their own joy journals.
8. Is your bedroom usually neat or messy? Neat
9. How many countries have you visited (no matter how briefly) other than the one you live in? Four
10. What small things make you really excited, name at least three? Stationary items, coffee, writing letters, books, and a great breakfast
11. Do you have a favourite saying, if so what is it? “Live life, love life” (of “young adult cancer Canada“)