I frequently hear or read phrases like “do not quit!”, or “quitters never win!”, or “are you a quitter!”. The list can be long.
Since such words/short phrase or quotes omit the context-dependency, their messages hold true only under limited conditions. I wonder how many times we/I take their face value and get misled.
The truth is sometimes we must quit.
1. an abusive, chronically unhappy, or draining relationship
2. an unrealistic or unproductive aim/project that better be replaced by a realistic, healthier, or productive one
3. a job that takes more from you than gives to you
4. a habit that is harmful to you (smoking is a good example)
5. arguments that do not provide any solution or consolidation
6. limiting, devaluing, hurting ourselves and others for no reason
I am happy to contemplate on context-dependency and being a quitter.