Here is a delicious soup just perfect for the chilly fall and winter days.
1. Wash 250 grms of red lentil under cold water
2. Cut out a medium size onion and cook in olive oil (or sunflower oil depending on your choice)
3. Add the red lentil and cold water, boil and cook for 10 min (or longer if desired) until the lentil becomes fluffy and soft. Add salt
4. In a blender, mix the lentil-onion-water mix generously till it is consistent, put back in the pot
5. In a pan, heat up olive oil and put a table spoon of chili powder and let it bubble for a very short time to make sure the chili does not burn; take it off the stove.
6. Pour down the chili mix on top of the lentil soup, cook for an additional 1 minute
Bon appetite! 🙂
this soup can be served with lemon juice. For variety and more nutritious soup, while boiling the lentil, also add cut potatoes or rice.