1. I am grateful for sleeping well and getting up refreshed.
2. I am grateful for getting on time to catch the bus. I am amazed that this has become a habit now. After taking the cab every single morning in the last 5 years, this responsible change is so welcome.
3. I am grateful for brewing my coffee in the office and enjoying it 🙂
4. I am grateful for meeting with my team for 3 hours (!) to review some important information. We had a break in between, which was a great idea.
5. I am grateful for the physiotherapy session in the afternoon. It was short and I am not sure whether it helps me really, but I will keep going. I was told that after next week, we hope to reduce it to once a week and possibly after a couple of weeks, we could stop altogether. Sounds good.
6. I am grateful for my insurance covering a large portion of the physiotherapy fees.
7. I am grateful for walking to home after the physiotherapy. The walk was pleasant, although not remarkable. After my back problem, I have a much better appreciation of my ability to walk…
8. I am grateful for stopping by at a store and purchasing some food. There was a good deal on bulk (10 pounds) of breaded fish, which I purchased without thinking. It is tasty and unlike red meat, I am feeling a lot better eating this product. It is also very easy to cook (in the oven), which is a practical option for me.
9. I am grateful for stopping by at another store and finishing my grocery shopping for this week. I did not buy a lot of food this week, as I still have a lot left from last week. That also meant that I had the opportunity to buy a big bag of road salt. Now that we have ice on the road and in front of my house, this salt gives me a peace and mind.
10. I am grateful for not working or cleaning my home upon returning to home. I thought I would, but I only want to relax tonite. I am taking it easy and I love this 🙂
11. I am grateful for eating a large bowl of salad and fish for dinner; healthy and happy 🙂
12. I am grateful for finding a new sitting arrangement for myself. Ok; I really need a sturdy and well supporting chair to sit at home, which I am still looking for. I have been sitting on one of my dinning set chairs or the recliner. While the chair is better than the recliner in terms of protecting and supporting my back, I decided it was uncomfortable too. So I am sitting on the floor now. For now it is going well, but it is not going to be okay for ever. I gotta find a stable solution to this. One of my friends is buying me a back support to help sit on the chair. Let’s hope that will arrive and work just fine.
13. I am grateful for my stretching exercises that really help relieve some of the pain off my back.
14. I am grateful for today being Friday and the next 2 days being free. I plan to enjoy this weekend. Whether it is reading books, watching stuff, or just reflecting on life. Whatever I do , I am determined to enjoy it.
15. I am grateful for mt computer, internet connection, and my TV that make my life easy and enjoyable.
16. I am grateful for my home that keeps me warm and safe. There is a little storm going on outside; lots of snow and wind. I hope everyone out there has shelters in this weather.
17. I m grateful for being grateful and taking my time to write this journal.