1. I am grateful for sleeping well and waking up not too late. This always make me feel more energetic and more hopeful about the day. There is so much to do when you have time in a day 🙂
2. I am grateful for my regular coffee and bagel breakfast.
3. I am grateful that I have not bought many tasty-looking sweets at the cafe; man, some of the sweets are so irresistible. Like nutella-filled pastry. Which genius came up with this idea? I am sure it sells a lot 🙂
4. I am grateful that I cleaned my home. I also opened the windows almost everywhere and let the fresh air get in. I believe since December I had not aerated a couple of rooms. I am sure that is the best and now that the weather is warm, I can do this all the time.
5. I am grateful that I fixed a couple of fences that went loose because of high winds in winter. I am getting handy, which is not bad at all 🙂
6. I am grateful for doing the laundry. I am extra thankful for the machines for doing that for me 🙂 Technology is awesome!
7. I am grateful for having a healthy lunch today.
8. I am grateful or cooking and enjoying cauliflower for lunch. This veggie is not one of my favorites and the only two ways I consume it a) salad (after boiling it, mix it with whatever you would like to, season with chili or cayanne pepper and voila!), or b) the “lazy” cauliflower meal 🙂 I tried the lazy one today. In addition to knowing it it has been a healthy meal, I am also feeling great about not wasting the cauliflower (thank goodness, it had not gone bad) 🙂
9. I am grateful for wanting to walk before the lunch. I walked around 20 min in the neighbourhood, which felt good. I did not take my purse with me, which means walking was extra easy. Ladies; what is it about us and big purses that contain so many stuff? Mine is so heavy (despite cleaning it last week or so) and leaving it behind was an awesome decision 🙂
10. I am grateful for watching TV and not working on documents or something. Every one needs a change every once a while.
11. I am grateful for trying my first bread today! Yep, you have heard right – I am baking my first ever bread! How exciting is that. It looks good for now and I hope it will taste awesome too. I need 20 more minutes and then will take it off the oven. I hope to document my recipe at a later post 🙂
12. I am grateful for buying dry yeast a couple of weeks earlier. I was supposed to try some kind of pastry for someone, which I had at that time. My first impression was: how come such a small, once-celled organism can make all these bubbles and changes in the dry yeast-sugar-warm water mix in such a short time! The smell is not offensive but distinctive, and I am awed by what this small organisms can do. I tried my second yeast-fest today with my bread. Let’s see how it will turn out.
13. I am grateful for the warm and bright day.
14. I am grateful for having the day to myself.
15. I am grateful for my home, street, neighbourhood, TV, computer, internet connection, cable, and phone line that makes my life safe and comfortable.
16. I am grateful or being grateful.