Baking and oven dishes are becoming my current, newly found excitement in life 🙂
I have had two small/medium sized zucchinis that have been waiting in the fridge. As part of my self-imposed no-food-waste policy, together with my recent interest in baking and experimentation with flour and baking powder, I decided to improvise a dish.
Here is the product 🙂
*1 dessert spoon = 0.8 table spoon
1. Grate two small/medium sized zucchini – I left the skin on
2. Coarsely chop a small onion and mix with zucchini
3. Add salt, a pinch of black pepper, and 3/4 dessert spoon of savory
4. Add two dessert spoons of whole wheat flour and 1 dessert spoon of baking powder (in both of the cases, the spoons were over-flowing with the flour/powder)
5. Add 1.5 dessert spoon of olive oil and 1/2 cup of water. Mix everything
6. Whisk 2 eggs with a fork and add to the mixture. Mix all together.
7. Place in an oven dish and bake for 75 min. At the beginning I was not sure what temperature to use or how long to bake. So the first 30 min I baked it at 350 F. Since it did not look well cooked or brownish on top, after 30 min I increased the temperature to 375 F and baked for another 45 min.
Bon appetite 🙂