I have been inspired by a recipe and decided to bake a light cake with apples, which I have had a lot. I changed the recipe quite a bit and made it less sweet and less oily. You can adjust the sugar and oil (use butter – seems it is better than the vegetable oil I have used).
I forgot to put the walnut in the batter so I had to put them on the surface of the cake. Oh, well .. 🙂
Also, for a more a more moist cake, add more milk 🙂
Recipe (1 dessert spoon = 0.8 table spoon)
1. cut 5-6 small/medium size apples. Add 3 table spoon of sugar on top and 1/2 table spoon of cinnamon. Mix roughly. Set aside.
2. add 2 cups of all purpose flour, 1.5 table spoon of sugar, 1 table spoon of cinnamon, 1.5 dessert spoon of baking powder, 1/2 dessert spoon of salt. Mix well.
3. whisk 2 eggs and add 3 table spoon of vegetable oil. Whisk again and add to the flour. Add 1.5 cup of skimmed milk and make a batter.
4. Add 4/5 of the apples into the batter. Mix.
5. Grease an oven dish and pour the mixture into the dish.
6. Spread the remaining apples and 50 grms of walnut on top (better, put the walnut in the batter 🙂 – I just forgot it).
7. Bake at 350F for 50 min