I am not good at writing my joy journal this year…… I believe this is my only the second post in 2017.
I am the best person to know that writing this journal is one thing that always made me feel better, more hopeful, and joyful.
So, why is this neglect lately? Was I too joyful so that I did not need to write it, or was I not joyful at all so I did not even bother writing?
The answer is neither.
I was slightly down; that is for sure. Work has had some stressful & pissing moments in February and March. But other than that many great things happened, almost on a daily basis.
I was just lazy, I would say.
Now is a good time to break this pattern and start being and benefiting from being grateful.
1. I am grateful for being safe and sound in this stormy day. I was not hurt, fell, or got washed out by the rain or pushed around by the wind.
2. I am grateful for my home standing tall, strong, and safe in this weather. This year we have had quite a bit of winter with lots of wind and snow. And now we are having rain. But the house has been great with no problem at sight. I am very thankful for this.
3. I am grateful for deciding to remove from my work list those that drag me down emotionally. Whether they are the unnecessary tasks or people, I say “no” more often now and it feels good. I will keep doing this as long as it serves me best.
4. I am grateful for all the food I have in my house.
5. I am grateful for having the night to myself. It is quite peaceful to have no one around.
6. I am grateful for having the energy and feeling good about myself.
7. I am grateful for eating fruits today and enjoying them.
8. I am grateful for feeding my sourdough starter this evening. I hope to make a dough tomorrow and bake a loaf on Sunday, as usual. This weekend, I will also have a loaf or two with commercial yeast to give to my colleague who gave me a ride this evening. I do not necessarily like getting favors without giving something back, especially from those people who I have no close friendship. For some reason, when someone who is not a close friend of mine offers me this kind of help/kindness, I have a hard time accepting it gracefully. Old habit… And bread sounds great – I am sure they will enjoy. And I will feel even.
9. I am grateful for the movie I am watching; my internet connection; my computer; my power and heating; my phone line; my furniture; shoes/boots and clothes and everything else I have at home. All is necessary or useful, and well liked.
10. I am grateful for reading and enjoying reading; whether it is books or browsing on the internet. But learning is the best thing a mind can relax and grow into. I have so many opportunities to do so that I am loving my life very much right now 🙂
11. I am grateful for re-starting my joy journal and being grateful 🙂
Added after the post:
I forgot – as of Jan 2017, I also would like to note at least 3 things that I appreciate about myself. Here is today’s list:
- I appreciate the fact that I am not a cheap person
- I appreciate the fact that I can say “no” now
- I appreciate the fact that I make an effort to keep a simple, peaceful, healthy, and meaningful life
- I appreciate the fact that I am more focused on my own well being at the office
- I appreciate the fact that I have simple but effective/meaningful hobbies, like reading, writing, listening to music, or watching movies
- I appreciate the fact that I have a character and its genuine – what you see is what you get
- I appreciate the fact that I make a good effort to eat at least one type of raw veggie per day – it is essential for losing weight (for some reason, it does work for me..)
- I appreciate the fact that I am resourceful
- I appreciate today especially the fact that I am writing on my joy journal and also making this “self-appreciation corner” an integral part of it 🙂