1. I am grateful for sleeping well and waking up early. I was at the office before 8 and it was a productive time of the day.
2. I am grateful for having the money to take the cab in such a heavily raining day. I may not like wasting money but today it was well needed.
3. I am grateful for working fine and being satisfied with it. It is great to appreciate my own efforts.
4. I am grateful for doing the right things. I am known with my meticulous nature and always striving for doing the right thing. Many people may not find it pleasant but it is very important. That reminds me one of my previous mentors who was especially not happy about it. It is strange how different people have different work ethics. I thank myself for always trying to do the right thing in the right manner.
5. I am grateful for having laughter while watching a comedy movie 🙂
6. I am grateful for having a strong house that endures all the harsh winter and now the heavy rain. I appreciate this so much.
7. I am grateful for having a nice and positive conversation with the cab driver this afternoon. He was very positive and it was infectious – I felt lucky to have exposure to his positivity 🙂
8. I am grateful for resting in the evening and feeling energized and well.
9. I am grateful for eating a nice potato salad with lots of great raw veggies – very healthy and yummy 🙂
10. I am grateful for making a mortgage pre-payment this evening 🙂
11. I am grateful for the cool temperature at home; last week it was very humid but in the last few days it is plain cool and it is the most magnificent temperature ever 🙂
12. I am grateful for realizing that I have had an extra week of work before a significant deadline! I was a week ahead of real time! This illusion has happened once again a couple of weeks ago. When I realize that I have more time than I thought I have had is an amazing relief. I do not know why I am feeling a week ahead of time.. I think it is because I am stressed and hyper because of the work-load.
13. I am grateful for developing as a professional. I have been challenged quite a bit by some bossy and manipulating colleagues lately. It is a sensitive balance to keep a good work relationship and being assertive at the same time. I swallowed things a few times and I was assertive a couple of times. But the journey has not ended yet. The future possibility of dealing with such situations stresses me, but I try to talk myself out of this. “Learning and developing, and I will know better to handle such situations in the future“. Thus is what I keep telling myself. Experience… It is an hurtful experience but will help with next ones, right? They always do.
14. I am grateful for being healthy and energetic.
15. I am grateful for the night being peaceful and lovely. Nights have always pacified me – what is it about them, I wonder? Is it the darkness? Lack of the daily rush? Tiredness? Closure of the day? Silence?
16. I am grateful for my computer, internet access, and TV/cable that make my life easy and entertaining.
17. I am grateful for my new trousers that fit me well and keep me warm. they are more suitable for winter but they look so good that I am happy to wear them.
18. I am grateful for yogurt. It is one of my most favorite foods. I eat too much though; sometimes around 750 ml per day… Too much of nothing can be good, so I would like to take a break from it for some time.
19. I am grateful for my moisturizers that keep my hands and face moist and healthy.
20. I am grateful for my floss! I love flossing. The trick is to have the most suitable floss for your needs. I use a three-liner that works wonders for me.
21. I am grateful for my perfume. I do not wear it often, but yesterday I wanted to and it was a delight.
22. I am grateful for realizing, after all the stress and issues with collaborators, that inner peace is an important thing. It may have been stretched a bit nowadays but it will heal and be fine once this is over. I wonder why I cannot take things easy and be relax at the face of this kind of adversities. I need to focus more on seeing the big picture and caring for my inner self. This journal entry is serving just this purpose.
23. I am grateful for my flexible work hours that allow me to work at home when I need it.
24. I am grateful for needing this journal, remembering things, events, people, and experiences to be grateful for, and making a conscious attempt to feel good about myself and my life.
Added after the post:
I forgot – as of Jan 2017, I aim to note at least 3 things that I appreciate about myself.
Here is today’s list:
- I appreciate myself for resisting the bad and negative
- I appreciate myself for working hard
- I appreciate myself for eating better today
- I appreciate myself for being healthy
- I appreciate myself for taking time to rest
- I appreciate myself for contemplating and learning about myself and others
- I appreciate myself for soothing myself by self-care
- I appreciate myself for taking steps and starting/continuing with the plans that are important for me
- I appreciate myself for loving the nature
- I appreciate myself for enjoying the sound of rain
- I appreciate myself for finding joy in writing and reading this journal
So many things to be grateful for. Beautiful. 🦋
LikeLiked by 1 person