Th first joy journal entry of the year 🙂
I am feeling kind of anxious and down. My best remedy is, as usual, remember the people, things, and experiences that I am grateful for. So, here it goes:
1. I am grateful for being healthy and well. I am safe, I have a job, and I have financial abilities. My emotions may be over-whelming right now, but I know from my past experience that eventually my anxious thoughts are trying to help me correct or remember things, and my future acts and experiences, thus, are going to be better.
2. I am grateful for talking to my family and their well-being.
3. I am grateful for cooking a large pot of bean meal today. I love beans! They are hearty and tasty. My freezer have 5 containers of bean meal that will be consumed in the coming weeks. It is a peace of mind to know that I have home-made meal to be consumed later.
4. I am grateful for the weather being chilly but not extremely weird. It is winter alright; with snow, cold weather, lots of high winds, and some sunlight in between. I predict that in May we will have a better weather and all these will be over. 4 more months of this… is.. manageable.
5. I am grateful for baking a wonderful loaf today 🙂 I have more than enough bread to keep me going the entire week.
6. I am grateful for feeling what I feel, however un-pleasant it may be, and going through the turbulence. I know that I am at the eye of the thunder, but this too shall pass.
7. I am grateful for all the food I have at home. I am abundant and well cared for. What a blessing.
8. I am grateful for watching a funny show. It feels good to be paying attention to something positive and have a laughter every once a while.
9. I am grateful for being warm and cozy at home.
10. I am grateful for today being Sunday so that I can use the day to deal with my emotions and emotional turbulence. Tomorrow is another day.
11. I am grateful for tomorrow being a work day so that I can focus my mind into new and fresh topics.
12. I am grateful for wanting to resign but deciding not to. What am I gonna do if I resign? Finding a job is not easy and financial strain will be too much. I pray that there will be better days ahead and my mind will cool down. I know I am not calm or well right now. The last 7 months have been very busy and stressful. I prioritized work more than my own personal well being. In addition, I prioritized a part of my job over others. Now it is time to pay attention to other parts. I feel like if I can control the work better, I can control my personal life easier. Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am right. Only the time will show. In the mean time, all I can do is to keep doing my best, be smart, and keep my nerves cool. Wish me luck.
13. I am grateful for realizing that I am not well emotionally. I will use this realization as a start point to pamper myself and find solutions to the situation.
14. I am grateful for having this option to vent out here. Facing the adversary and acknowledging it is the first step to solve issues. I believe in it.
Things that I appreciate myself for today:
- I appreciate myself for trying; trying to keep my head above the water and trying to face my feelings
- I appreciate myself for working, even though that means I work at the weekends and late nights. At least I am functioning and my professional performance is good
- I appreciate myself for getting tired of working at home, which is productive but also causing some kind of social isolation. Hope to fix this soon
- I appreciate myself for eating healthy food
- I appreciate myself for having past experience that helps with identifying issues and their root causes, as well as mechanisms to deal with them