1. I am grateful for sleeping well and getting up with relatively mild thoughts in my mind.
2. I am grateful for taking the bus this morning even though it was really cold and windy. Sometimes I love my persistence 🙂
3. I am grateful for having three meetings today all with some kind of progress. This feels good. I have a new team member who is visiting our organization for a couple of months. She is nice and intelligent. I hope to be able to make this an enjoyable and beneficial visit for both sides. We immediately identified a technical skill for her to develop, which is one of our strength. This feels awesome. We then have a small project to develop together, which again feels good. If we can work well and if we are lucky somehow, we can make this 🙂
4. I am grateful for working till 3.30pm at the office, which is pretty good for me. I took the cab and ate junk food in the evening, but hey, at least some small goals I have had for myself are done today: sleeping well, taking the bus in the morning (despite the cold), eating better (lots of carrots today), working mostly at the office (till 3.30 pm), not having anxiety was a huge plus, working (albeit at home till late) but nevertheless finishing some work. I now have a “me” time for another 1-2 hours before I go to sleep. That should be okay – at least for today.
5. I am grateful for not beating me up for taking the cab in the afternoon and eating junk food. I came to realize that in order for me to have a life just the way I want it, I must fix the work situation first. It is sad that the stress and time-commitments of the work takes priority over my own personal life. It is really sad…. I keep going in this difficult time; poor budgets, poor conditions, and poor recognition. I have not given up yet but I keep wonder when or if that would happen…..
I will know when it is over. It is not over yet.
6. I am grateful for working; I may be stressed. I may be anxious. I may be depressed (time to time). But I am functional and am giving my 100% to this toxic work-place. I have been working in this field for 24 years now. This is a long time; I studied, I worked, I moved up, and now I am no sure where my career is. Frustration is a common experience with everyone I guess. After all these years and dedication, do you not expect recognition? respect? Some kind of satisfaction and ease?
Maybe that is what exactly I should be grateful for.
7. I am grateful for being safe, healthy, warm, and sane today. It could have been much worse – I could have lost my mind :))))))
But it is a possibility, you know 🙂
Things that I appreciate myself for today:
- I appreciate myself for making an effort to feel good by taking small and simple steps
- I appreciate myself for bringing carrot to office – they make wonderful food, especially when I have no time to have lunch
- I appreciate myself for working…… At least things are moving
- I appreciate myself for being calmer and more confident re; finishing work and figuring out things
- I appreciate myself for knowing – knowing myself, my feelings, my abilities, my limitations, and my wishes