A relatively good day and I am happy to share these with you:
1. I am grateful for getting up a little bit earlier and catching an earlier bus this morning 🙂 It was a chilly morning but I just made it to the bus stop. A minute later my hero bus showed up and it really made me feel lucky and happy 🙂
2. I am grateful for having a very quiet time in the office before anyone showed up. It was beautiful and gave me much needed stress-free time 🙂
3. I am grateful for keeping calm the entire day, decluttering my office and opening space for new paperwork, relieving myself from stress induced by lots of things around.
4. I am grateful for sitting at a meeting that lasted 4 hours this evening 🙂 It is not bad for a person who has got a lower back problem 🙂 What helps in this situation is that whether it is an effective meeting with opportunities to learn something new and contribute. I have got these today so I am satisfied.
5. I am grateful for eating lots of healthy food in the office; apple and baby carrots being my favorites 🙂
6. I am grateful for changing my cab company today; yesterday one of the cabbies made me think very hard about taking the cab at all – mean people have no place in my life. While one bad apple should not make the entire batch of nice and kind cabbies bad, I felt like I must preserve my self respect. So I decided I did not want to pay another dime to this cabbie and one way to achieve this was to change the cab company. Over.
This will also give me much needed chance to stop taking cab, unless really needed, and rather focus on taking the bus or walk.
7. I am grateful for not working tonite
8. I am grateful for sitting in the dark, listening to a nice music, and writing my journal. It is “me” time, alright 🙂
Things that I appreciate myself about today:
- I appreciate myself for focusing on work and feeling logical and calm
- I appreciate myself for making my self-respect a priority
- I appreciate myself for not working tonite
- I appreciate myself for learning
- I appreciate myself for keeping up with the ever changing priorities and work dynamic
- I appreciate myself for being genuinely happy for a colleague of mine who will take a leave to recuperate after a highly exhausting and stressful work conditions – she deserves this. I wish her well.