I will be attending a funeral tomorrow for someone I knew.
Like many of us, I have many minor things in my life and thoughts that actually do not matter most in life; work-related issues and people’s behaviors would be the top two. I stress and hurt myself over these.
What is the purpose of all these fuss that clogs our vision and prevents us from seeing what really matters in life? I do not know. Maybe we are taking it too serious. Maybe we need to secure our physical, mental, and financial well-being before we can let go or enjoy life. Maybe we are conditioned too much or scared unnecessarily? I do not know really.
Will it matter eventually?
Soon it is gonna be two years that I have lost my dad – may he rest in peace. I had realized only after his death that in reality, one day we are alive and the next day it is done.
Thus, the question: What really matters?
- My family matters
- I matter
- Making a positive contribution to society or others matters
- Feeling good matters
- Feeling free matters
- Being hopeful matters
- Being treated with respect and fairness matters
- Feeling optimistic or in control about my future and retirement matters
- Seeing things a little bit more clearly matters
- Developing skills to know what is important and what is not, and to act or change accordingly, matters; if you have any suggestions on how to do this, please drop a line or two in the comments section