more or less a positive day, which made me appreciate it.
- sleeping well and getting up only after 8 am – check
this is mostly because I am tired. So I let myself go back to sleep even though I woke up frequently at night. In the past few months, I did get up around 5 am and worked under much stress. I miss my early morning productive and distraction-free work time, but I am able to keep working during the day, so eventually all is well
- working well during the day and surviving 3 separate meetings, all with positive ends and productivity – check
it is a rare opportunity to be able to say that the meetings were productive! It was my lucky day all 3 meetings went well and progressed the issues at hand – this is wonderful 🙂
- loving my all natural gray hair and being excited about it – check
it is amazing that after 1.5 years of letting my natural hair grow, I see it healthy, shinny, and just beautiful. If somebody had said I would feel this way, I would have started the gray hair saga much earlier! I do not know any other hair style that I cherished this much. It is also amplified by the fact that I do not have bangs now, as such, my hair has a distinct, mature, and very good looking style 🙂
- being excited about my laptop case that I thrifted this weekend for only 3 bucks and carrying it around like a jewel – check
honestly it has been sometime that I was so excited and happy to have a material being. The case is the right colour, right size, and very useful. The price I paid for it makes it extra sweet 🙂
- feeling better overall and with less stress – check
this is an amazing feeling and I could not be appreciative more!
- asking for a discount and getting it for a service my organization needed – check
this is pretty awesome. I am not into asking discounts from companies for my work, but sometime it is worth it. I tried it this time and got over 1K (~20%) discount. My boss is happy, which makes me feel like positively contributing to the organization! Talking about confidence 🙂
- getting an email from a committee that I had dumped this year and learning that they desperately needed my knowledge and expertise – check
huh! how about this? 🙂
last year the person who sent this email was criticizing and pressuring me for my work related to this committee. This lack of appreciation was one of the main reasons that I had decided to leave the committee, even though I had liked and enjoyed my role in it.
I do not know what to think about the invitation. I personally do not wish to be there anymore, yet I have a sense of duty that wants me to go and benefit that committee. I think I can still be there, yet I do not plan to undertake a lot of work or an active role. With this in my mind, I will know tomorrow morning how I feel and then will respond to this invitation.
This is the second example in the last 4-6 months where people who tried to trash and insult me came back and asked for my help later.
Is life a master of correcting bad behavior and treatment?
I would like to think so.