I lack my regular excitement for the upcoming holidays.
Because I have not been anticipating.
It is true – anticipation of having or doing something makes it more exciting. I still have a week before my 2 weeks of time-off starts.
So I kind of hoping that I will develop that anticipation and, hence, the excitement of the holiday season!
What could be my plans and therefore anticipation items for the holidays?
1. As usual, I will analyze my spending in the last one year and calculate the savings and net-worth next week. This is exciting.
Planning for the next year will also be exciting. Are there any areas in my financial plan that can be expanded, changed, or improved? How can I save more money? Can I get a side gig and earn some extra money?
2. As usual – again, yes – I could look at my life style and implement healthy choices; better eating; more diverse food; losing weight; walking everyday; home-exercises, especially to strengthen my back, bones, and muscles
When can I make them permanent efforts?
3. New hobbies! I am getting interested in stained glass now – can I find a workshop on it?
Can be quite exciting 🙂
4. Cleaning and decluttering the home – yay!!! My most consistent holiday season activity :((( Hah haa…. or Argh….
I love decluttering, but cleaning not so much. Often times it takes around a week to do this cleaning…… I also need to declutter my computer files and email…. Well. one thing at a time…
5. I sure would like to shop.
There are a couple of items I am eyeing now – a TV and stainless steel kettle being the two of them. I can also get some furniture for home, especially cabinets. I also would like some new pants and a purse. These last items may be easily found at the thrift store, which you know I am a regular customer of 🙂 I have not been to the thrift stores for some time, so I am looking forward to this.
6. Reading books, visiting cafe houses, eating different foods, and reflecting on the year going by…..
Just stopping will be so good… So good…. There are so many things to be realized and appreciated once I manage to stop running from one task to other, from one plan to the next. Reflecting has always been one of my most cherished activities.
Reflecting on 2019 and welcoming 2020 with hope, excitement, and love.