Yesterday and I today I worked long hours. I am writing an objection letter to rejection of my promotion request.
I know that it will not make a huge difference. Goodness knows, I wanted to quit putting energy in that, but could not. I had to do this.
But I seriously want to quit my job, and I cannot afford it, either. Not yet.
This is how you lose motivation towards your workplace.
I have been to this point a number of times. This is not the first time. But it can be the best time.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Time to finally change priorities.
I want to prioritize:
- my survival
- my family’s survival and supporting my family during the pandemic and beyond
- quality of my life
- being grateful for each pay cheque
- being grateful for each dime saved
- having hope that I will look for jobs once this pandemic is over
- dumping all unnecessary work off my shoulder
The rest, like promotion, should not matter.