It has been a good day.
1. I am grateful for sleeping late but waking up early. I woke up with things to do in my mind, which was overwhelming. Yesterday night I decided not to resist to this idea – after all if I resist something, the annoyance increases. I will see how well this will progress in the coming days.
2. I am grateful for taking the bus – my hero! Right on time 🙂
3. I am grateful for working with a team member of mine the whole day; we are finalizing a project of 3.5 years and she has done an amazing job. Understandably we are very excited about this. We will continue on Wednesday again, but what we have done today was a wonderful work 🙂
4. I am grateful for treating my team member to tea/coffee and snacks. These absolutely help us to have a more cozy work environment and provide some comfort while doing a serious job.
5. I am grateful for walking back to my home this evening; a first in a while. I am coming back to my routine slowly… I feel accomplished with each of these small steps; re; taking he bus, walking, not taking the cab, eating better, etc. Yay! 🙂
6. I m grateful for working at home in the evening of another report due next week. I am kind of late but have moved it very well. While walking to home I was thinking that I did not know how to fix it, but as soon as I sit in front of the computer and opened the document, it just moved on.
7. I am grateful for working at the office till 6pm, not coming home early to work, and hence stress myself further at home. Not leaving the office early to come home to work is one of these small steps that makes me feel good and makes me feel like I am back to my routine.
8. I am grateful for eating a large potato salad filled with green beauties. Very healthy and it was yummy 🙂
9. I am grateful for turning my email off while we worked at the office today. This is my second or third time doing this. I did not even missed it. What a distraction it seems… I am very proud of myself for doing this change as well.
There are a number of changes I have implemented lately and I will be happy to state them here again:
- turning off the email while working on important things
- leaving my “perfectionists attitude” on un-critical tasks
- saying “no” more often
- motivating my team more
- eating better and healthier
- treating myself with weekly chocolates and little pastries time to time
- making an effort to work at the office, rather than at home
- supporting myself during these stressful times and showing compassion
- making an effort with positive affirmations
- making an effort to stop resisting the thoughts that annoy me
- taking the bus or walking, and protesting the cab company
- making Fridays “eat fish/meat” day – this has been going on for the last three weeks and I noticed that I feel good about this. Whether it is fish or red meat (which I rarely eat) – I am not sure. In all cases I eat a large green salad, which I suspect is helping a lot too
- believing that I have time, which reduces my stress, even though that usually means working at nights at home
- understanding myself, my needs, my priorities, and hurdles – particularly my own criticism towards myself and my work
- realizing that my daily home routine is important and without it I feel over-whelmed, stressed, and somehow absent…. It is important to spend time without thinking about work and making my mind work on rather other things to give it a break
Things that I appreciate myself for today:
- I appreciate myself for making an effort to feel good
- I appreciate myself for eating better, pampering myself, and caring for myself
- I appreciate myself for keeping calm and focused today
- I appreciate myself for changing and improving my quality of life, especially at work
- I appreciate myself for taking time to write these, which help materialize them