1. I am grateful for sleeping well and getting up with the feeling that I care about myself and support myself with kindness, understanding, and food. Great food 🙂
2. I am grateful for baking sourdough loaves. I baked two loaves today; both turned out to be delicious. How did I start with baking bread? It is a dilemma really. I remember that my first trials were frustrating. I am glad that I did not give up.
3. I am grateful for speaking with my family. we all love cats and talking about cats make us all cheerful and happy 🙂
4. I am grateful for cooking a healthy meal for myself and eating it with lots of garlic. Garlic became somehow common in my life lately. This crunchy and tasty food is making me feel better, presumably by reducing my blood pressure. I will take it! 🙂
5. I am grateful for seeing a change in my perception of my conditions. I see the glass half full increasingly. For a person who is known to be highly critical and skeptical, this is a wonderful change that has naturally come to my life.
I complained about my work a lot, but what if it is the best job for me for now? What if it is better than other alternatives I may have had should I have made different choices? I may have a stressful patch at work, but it is a meaningful job that allows me to contribute, create, train others, and learn. It also comes with a great salary. Although my salary is eaten up significantly by the taxes and extra taxes, it is still good enough to let me pay my mortgage, have an abundant life, and invest for my future. These may not be as much as I wanted them to be, but when I think that it could have been worse, I can do nothing but appreciate and like it…
The same thing with the city I live in. The economy may not be good and the future does not looks prosperous here, but it is a small and safe city with a very simple life. What if it could have been worse? Full of crime, traffic, and complications? I am indeed lucky to be living here.
Thus, I may have been going through a hard time, but it could have been much worse. I am grateful for realizing this.
6. I am grateful for being kind to myself.
Things that I appreciate myself for today:
- I appreciate myself for eating better, drinking kefir, eating fruits, cooking healthy food, and baking my own bread
- I appreciate myself for seeing the positive out of the negative, even though it may not be visible at the beginning
- I appreciate myself for exercising my right to say “no” the other day and having no negative feelings about it, which says that it was the right thing to do
- I appreciate myself for taking time to relax this evening after days of non-stop work
- I appreciate myself for getting excited about my plan to shop next Saturday
- I appreciate myself for exchanging nice words with someone I know and feeling elated about it
- I appreciate myself for working on my issues; I know I am angry deep down. I will find out why and I will release it
- I appreciate myself for mentally supporting myself when I feel like things are too much and I cannot handle them
- I appreciate myself for being ready for a busy work day tomorrow. I know what I will do and I am confident that I will do well