I have not drafted any joy journal entries in the last few months. This feels weird…
I often do this exercise to remind myself about the beautiful and nice things and experiences I have had during the day – this immediately lifts my mood. Hence, especially when I need to feel better, it is one of the things that helps me. Today, however, I am writing this entry to share the things and experiences that make me feel excited, happy, and elated!
All the good things:
- sleeping well, safe and sound – check!
- waking up early, taking my time to get ready, and taking the bus – check
getting up early gives me the freedom to go to office early and do work without any distraction. I am very pleased with this habit (which is newly formed in the last year or so). Taking the bus is great as it helps with my financial plans by saving money. Lovely 🙂
- walking back to home in the afternoon – check
I have been walking in the last two days. It relaxes me and it is so good for my body; bone, heart, cardiovascular health, etc. I know that it will also help me lose weight. I am grateful to be able to do this
- enjoying the great cool but bright day – check
We have a cool summer here this year. I do not complain as someone who just came back from vacation from somewhere with a sunny and warm climate. Cool weather (around 18 – 23 C) is the best for me to function. I am happy with this year’s summer!
- eating a healthy meal at home with raw radish as salad – check
radish is one miracle food for me. It helps me feeling better and with my digestion. I believe it also helps with my blood sugar levels, and as such, helps control my appetite. I love it 🙂
- realizing that there are too many things to do at work and as such getting a little bit stressed and organized – check
this is a good type of stress that drives me to do what needs to be done smoothly and effectively. After dealing with a couple of things in the evening that are urgent, I now feel much accomplished and less-stressed 🙂
- taking time to reflect on all the positive things in my life and profession, and being content with them – check
- opening a new box of a hand soap with a wonderful scent – check
- drinking a tall glass of milk – check
it is good for my bone health and my doctor recommends taking the Calcium supplements and drinking milk interchangeably to help with my bone density. Will do! 🙂
- accepting an invitation for a committee membership by a national organization – check
great for my development and to help demonstrate my organization my valuable contributions to other organizations 🙂 Score!
- taking things easy generally – check
even for a short time, to be able to approach life and especially my work with such a mind-frame is a huge success and blessing! I will savor this feeling as much as I can 🙂